At Bishop’s Stortford Baptist Church we collect different types of information from you for the following main reasons:
- To run church activities and events that you are or would like to be involved in
- To communicate with you about things which you might benefit from or be interested in
- To keep you up to date with news about us and the things we do
- To ensure we comply with the highest safeguarding standards
- To improve the quality of our work and operations
We collect information from you in a variety of ways, such as:
- When you sign up for a group, event or activity run by us
- When you become a member
- When you make a donation
We may collect:
- Your title (Mr, Mrs, etc)
- Your first, middle and last name
- Changes to your name since we first collected it
- Your telephone number
- Your mobile telephone number
- Your email address
- Your postal address, including post code and country
- Your date of birth (to ensure we do not send age inappropriate communications)
- Your gender
- Your marital status
- Financial details, if you give to or receive funds from BSBC
If you are under 18 years of age, we may collect:
- Your first, middle and last name
- The title, name, address, telephone numbers, email address and relationship to you of your parent (or other person having parental responsibility for you)
- The name, address, telephone numbers, email address and relationship to you of a second adult
- Your date of birth
- Your gender
- Medical information about you (for cases when we are responsible for you and we need to know in order to look after you).
None of this information is collected automatically. We only collect the information which you choose to provide to us.
Sometimes, to be able to look after your interest or to protect the safety and wellbeing of others, we may not be able to provide a service or include you in an event or activity unless you agree to provide us with certain information. If we have to deny you a service or inclusion in an event or activity because you have not or will not provide us with certain information, we will discuss ways forward with you.
For the purposes of data protection legislation, the BSBC Leadership Team (consisting of the Ministers, Elders, Church Officers and Deacons acting collectively) is the Data Controller.
We are registered with the Information Commissioner.
We will only contact you when you have given us permission to do so and only in the ways you have permitted us to contact you (e.g. email, telephone, post).
We reserve the right to contact you in any way in cases of emergency or special urgency. We reserve the right to contact you in an appropriate way for administrative purposes.
We do not share your information with others without permission unless legally required to do so.
We use external suppliers to process and store emails and personal information about you. Our arrangements with these suppliers are regulated by legally enforceable contracts which conform to the requirements of data protection legislation including in relation to confidentiality. All data is stored in the European Economic Area.
We will not obtain information about you from publicly available sources.
We will not employ ‘data matching’ (comparing two sets of information about you) except (a) with your permission or (b) to eliminate duplicate or inaccurate information about you.
We will not employ ‘teleappending’ (using your telephone numbers to obtain further information about you) or ‘wealth screening’ (using your information to build a profile about your wealth with a view to targeting you for financial contributions) except with your permission.
We employ CCTV at our premises at the Baptist Church Centre, Twyford Road, Bishop’s Stortford CM23 3LJ for the purposes of site security and preventing and detecting crime.
You have the following rights:
- The right to confirm what information about you BSBC holds
- The right to access information about you held by BSBC
- The right to correct inaccurate or incomplete information about you held by BSBC
- The right to have information about you held by BSBC deleted or removed
- The right to restrict processing of information about you held by BSBC
- The right to ‘port’ any information about you held by BSBC to other organisations
- The right to object to information about you being processed on the grounds of BSBC’s legitimate interests, for direct marketing or for research
- The right not to have decisions made by BSBC on the basis of automated processing or profiling
To exercise any of these rights, please contact the Church Centre Manager:
- In writing to the Baptist Church Centre, Twyford Road, Bishop’s Stortford CM23 3LJ
- By email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- By telephone at 01279 507575